You might be wondering where I’ve been the last 4 years! Well, I’ll tell you – I’ve had the privilege of working at two different amazing organizations, I gave birth to an energetic little boy and a bright eyed baby girl. We bought a new house in the DC area and then moved across the country to Seattle for a great professional opportunity. We are quickly acclimating to the Pacific Northwest (PNW) and building a network of friends. I’ve celebrated nine years of marriage with my ride or die hubby AND learned numerous lessons about love, life and my career.
I’m excited to introduce some thought provoking, idea generating and interesting topics from my personal and professional experiences. Here are a few topics for you to look forward to in the future:
- Being a black female in leadership
- When race and gender intersect
- How to navigate passive aggressive behavior in the workplace
- Why you should talk about race at work
- Mentors vs. Champions
- Defining and driving your own success at work
- How to be strategically honest
Let me know (in the comments) if there are any others you would like to discuss!